DTREDS LLC is currently hiring Tower Technicians and Foremen. We are a telecommunications services company that offers a variety of services to the commercial carriers as well as the Federal Government. We provide structured, in-class and field training services to all employees interested in a career as a Tower Technician. As an experienced Tower Technician you will lead and assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Our Tower Technicians are required to work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions. At DTREDS, we recognize our success depends on our exceptional field personnel and the final product we deliver to our customers; they work hard so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognizes top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a strong leader and want a company to grow with, then this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work. We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
As a Tower Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience climbing and working on towers.
- Willingness to take hands on approach in leading their team through demonstration.
- Current Com Train or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue Certification required and willing to be trained as such.
- Must have minimum OSHA certification.
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, installing waveguide/coax, and installing antennas and microwave dishes.
- Comm. trained, OSHA trained, safety trained, Anritsu certified (Foreman) and First AID/CPR trained.
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors and weatherproofing.
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report both verbally and in written reports.
- Possession of a valid driver license and be able to pass the Motor Vehicle Records check.